Friday, September 29, 2017

Bookish Talks ~13~ So much to catch up on!

Hey, all! 


Oh my goodness, it's been such a long time since I wrote one of these. I've been so busy in life, I'm magically been socializing a tiny bit more and I've actually had a lot of bookish events happening around me! I just haven't taken the time to blog much... But now that university started for the 4th year, I'll be able to post more regularly again :)  I mean, hopefully! 







Magic Tea

So recently I've been chosen by @magicchests over on Instagram to review their new Magical Teas which has been the BEST thing! I love tea so much, so having tea based on bookish moments is amazing! A full review of these teas will come up here sooner or later. I received samples of Morr, Second Breakfast, Common Room, Winterfell and Beyond the Wall and I adore them all! Their brewing time is a little long but it's worth it, I promise! I tried Common Room with a friend who knows nothing about reviewing yet still said that it tasted exactly how he imagined the Gryffindor Common Room to smell, which is exactly what you want with bookish teas :) You guys can use Blog10 for a discount! 

Bookstagram Meetup NL
In August, a few Instagram friends and I organized a bookstagram meetup for Dutch Instagrammers! (Follow @anniekslibrary, @sortingdays, and @sneirrbooks!) It was so much work but in the end, we had over 40 people show up, provided goodie bags for everyone, and had local Etsy shops show up to meet their customers IRL! We had a pizza dinner and played Cards Against Humanity and just generally had a great time! It was so wonderful to meet some bookstagrammers that I have known for a long time but had never really met! 

Light The Pages
I also started (and just finished) repping for Light the Pages! Liv owns a little candle shop that has the most lovely and unique candles! She really puts a lot of love and work into her creations, and I would love it if you checked out her shop! You can get a discount with ANOTHERBB10, but just for a few more weeks! Trust me, they're so worth it! I like to burn one a day and have different ones for different moods. Plus they're always packaged with the most care and they are really fragrant! I'm going to miss repping for you Liv! 

Harry Potter Night
You guys know how I'm working with the bookstore in my local town, Maastricht? Last Friday, we had a huge Harry Potter evening to close off the Young Adult week! We had 440 people racing through our bookstore, who got sorted, and who participated in the House Cup quiz! We had Quidditch, actors, a sorting hat, and all kinds of people showing up! Follow Young Adult Dome on practically any platform for photos! :D 

My 21st
I just turned 21 on the 18th of September! Nothing big or fancy happened, but I did get the Percy Jackson and the Olympians box set - the ones with the pretty spines! Now I have two sets of those books but it's ok, I love them so much!! 

University life 
So now for more everyday happenings. I'm in my 4th year of bachelors out of 3, taking extra classes and still working hard with the Charity Committee. It's the first time that I really feel socially comfortable, which I am very, very happy about! it took a long time for me to get to this point where I'm less of an introvert and I can talk to people without worrying about being judged. That may also be why I haven't been so active on my blog this year - which I'm so sorry about! - because I can now spend more time talking to people and going to events than before as I'm less anxious about it. A few people really had a big impact on me in this sense which I am incredibly grateful for. :) 

Music
So it's no surprise that I love music, of almost all types. I talk about it a lot here and always have a song-of-the-day on my Instagram! Recently, I managed to get tickets to see two of my all-time favorite bands; Imagine Dragons in February and The Script in March! I can hardly believe that I'm going to see either of them and even less both! I know there's still several months to wait but I'm actually going now and I cannot wait!!! 

Floating Shelves
I recently caved in and bought myself some floating shelves for my room! I have 3 of them and they look so good! I don't have a photo to share with you just yet but I'll try to upload one soon :) 


That's it for today! I hope you all have a lovely day/week, depending on when I post again ^^

Stay bookish, 





2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness so many amazing things! First, I'm so jealous of that HP event that you helped host! It sounds so fun; I wish my library was organized enough for things like that (of course, I don't have much time to go to the library nowadays, but still). Also, happy belated 21st! Getting books for your birthday is seriously the best thing ever. I've had my eye on the new HP boxed set with Hogwarts on the spines :) I hope you have a lovely October, Caroline!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, happy belated birthday!!! I've seen the new Percy Jackson series with the pretty spines, and I'm absolutely jealous you have them. Oh whoa, your Harry Potter night sounded like it was fantastic! It must have been great to see so many people ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!