Friday, January 22, 2016

The Inn Between, by Marina Cohen

The Inn Between, by Marina Cohen 

Hey all! 
I just finished reading The Inn Between, by Marina Cohen! 

I received this ARC from Netgalley - this does not change my opinion on the book. Thank you for providing it! 

"Eleven-year-old Quinn has had some bad experiences lately. She was caught cheating in school, and then one day, her little sister Emma disappeared while walking home from school. She never returned

When Quinn's best friend Kara has to move away, she goes on one last trip with Kara and her family. They stop over at the first hotel they see, a Victorian inn that instantly gives Quinn the creeps, and she begins to notice strange things happening around them. When Kara's parents and then brother disappear without a trace, the girls are stranded in a hotel full of strange guests, hallways that twist back in on themselves, and a particularly nasty surprise lurking beneath the floorboards. Will the girls be able to solve the mystery of what happened to Kara's family before it's too late?


Yeah... ‘Creepy’ is a good way to put this book! 

So Inn Between is about two best friends who are on a trip in the desert. They stop for the night at a hotel, and, in the morning, Kara’s family is missing. Things go in a downward spiral for the two friends after that. 

I was not expecting it to be so creepy! I think that the dose of creepiness is perfect for middle grade, though. It somewhat reminded me of Coraline, although Coraline was creepy on another level! 

The characters weren’t my favorite, but that’s okay, the book wasn’t about the characters themselves. 

Quinn is suffering from the loss of her sister, making her seem paranoid at times. Kara is sweeter and more down-to earth. 

I don’t want to spoil much, but I can say that the things that happen are really weird, but a good weird! 

This book is very short - its easy to fly right through, and can be fun to read along with a sibling! 

The end was a definite shock! I got pretty sad actually... I won’t say what it is though!! 

I’m giving this a solid 3/5 :) 


2 comments:

  1. Would you recommend this for more of a middle grade audience then? It sounds like this is more of a middle grade book! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!