Monday, August 17, 2015

USA MASSIVE BOOK HAUL!!!!

USA MASSIVE BOOK HAUL!!!!

Hey all! 

So as some of you may know I've been in the US for the past six weeks, visiting family and working at an AWESOME camp! 
One of the main differences between the US and here in Europe is that here, we don't have a lot of second hand book stores. So when I was in the states, I kinda went crazy, and just kept getting books. Sadly though I mostly got first books in series, in case I wasn't a fan of the series. Now I realize that I probably should have grabbed the next books of, for example, the Iron Fey series.... Oh well! So here are all 19 books I got while I was on vacation! :D 

 The Martian, by Andy Weir 

 This has been on my TBR basically since its' been published. It's basically about this guy who gets abandoned on Mars, because his co-space-explorers think he died in a storm. 

I love sci fi, and I can't wait to read this before I see the movie!! 







Witch & Wizard, by James Patterson 

I love James Patterson's fantasy writing! I've heard so many amazing things about this series, that I decided to give the first book a try!


Crown of Midnight, by Sarah J. Maas

YESSSS I have the second book! I already started it in the plane, review to come soon :) 

This is the second book in the Throne of Glass series. You can find my review for Throne of Glass in an older post!







Witch Dreams, by Vivian Vande Velde (such a Dutch name o_o) 

I started this in the car a few days ago, then DNFed it /: might get back to it later, though.

This short book is about a girl who can see other people's dreams just by holding on to something of theirs. She is trying to figure out who killed her parents. 

I don't even know why I DNFed it to be honest o-o 





Mind Games, by Kiersten White

I got this at the dollar store, and what I got from it is that there are two sisters, one of which is blind but can see different versions of the future. The second sister has perfect instincts. 

This actually sounds really cool and I can't wait to get to it! :D








Invisibility, by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan 

I have no idea what to expect with this book, to be honest. All I know is that it's about a boy who is cursed with invisibility, and a girl who is gifted with a sight which helps her see said invisible people. 

I dunno, it sounds cool :') 






Let's Get Lost, by Adi Alsaid 

Okay so you guys know about my love for Paper Towns, right? Apparently this book has the same road-trip idea but taken in a different direction! 

Aka, I'm SUPER excited to read this! :D 








Hush, Hush, by Becca Fitzpatrick 

I've been seeing Hush Hush EVERYWHERE!!!  So when I saw it again at a second hand book store, I caved in and bought it. I really hope its as great as it sounds! 

I know this book about fallen angels (I think) is getting highly mixed reviews. Like I saw that it was comparable to Twilight, which I didn't like much, but I also saw that it was completely amazing and unique....

I GUESS WE'LL FIGURE OUT LATER, SHALL WE?




One Thousand Paper Cranes, by Takayuki Ishii

The reason I got this book is because we did a project based on this Japanese story back in high school, and I've always wanted to read the book. 

If I remember it correctly, this is about a girl who is very sick, and has a goal of making 1000 paper cranes. Her determination with this made her very well known in Japan, and there are now monuments to this girl in the country. 

Can't wait to read the story for myself! :D





Seraphina, by Rachel Hartman 
Dragons and medieval society and sci-fi? Sign. Me. Up! One of my bookish friends told me that I really have to get to this, and I mean it looks amazing! 

Plus the cover is really shiny. Its a minor thing but still looks cool on my shelf ^-^ 

This is one of those books I've heard so much about that I just had to pick it up, you know what I mean? 


Saint Anything, by Sarah Dessen (SIGNED COPY!)
Okay so no I did not have the chance to meet Sarah Dessen, but one of the bookstores I went to had a small pile of signed copies, and I'm so glad I got one!! *-*

I'm really looking forward to reading this book! I haven't read one of her books in a long time, so yeah =p

Can't wait to get to this one! 





Across the Universe, by Beth Revis 

Another one of those series that I've heard SO MUCH about but that I never got to! Now I have the first book, and, hopefully, I'll love it as much as everyone else! :D 

This one is basically sci-fi about a bunch of people who wake up from being frozen asleep for years. However, there are people on the ship who have taken over for the worse. 




The Iron King, by Julie Kagawa





Make sure to check out my review for this book! :D Now I just need to find the next ones somewhere! 







Wicked Lovely, by Melissa Maar 



As above, make sure to check out my review for this! :D









Eon, by Alison Goodman

Again, make sure to check out my review for Eon! :) 








Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them, by J. K. Rowling

Again, make sure to check out my review for this!! Really recent and really great! 








Down the Rabbit Hole, by Peter Abrahams (no image) 
Basically a mystery re-telling of Alice in Wonderland, that looks like a fun read! :D 

Eyes in Space; Spacecraft Views of the Universe, by Robert E. Mueller
Just a book about the evolution of how people looked at space so it looked cool :') 

The Junior Classics 3; Myths and Legends 
Very pretty older looking book full of myths and legends, which is something I really love! It can be a fun read!


So that's it! Let me know if you have read any of these and what you thought of them! :D 

Tomorrow I will be designing the top 3 rating systems, and we'll have a 3 day long voting session! 


8 comments:

  1. I love your book haul! I'm so jealous of you. I usually don't buy books whenever I visit places! I'm so glad you picked up the Iron King :) Ooooh, Kiersten White! I haven't read Mind Games yet, but her other series, Paranormalcy, was absolutely fantastic, and you should definitely give it a try when you're done reading it! I'll be keeping an eye out for all your reviews to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! Yeah I rarely get this much (actually never) but since we went to so many second hand bookstores where you can get like 5 books for 15 dollars I wasn't going to say no =p
    Iron King is amazing and, as I've said before, I really can't wait until I get the next ones!! *-*
    Awesome! I was thinking of reading Mind Games soon enough anyway :)
    And yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Iron Fey series is epic! One of my favorites!!! You got a lot of great books!!!


    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved the first ones!
      And thanks! :D Looking forward to reading a lot of these!

      Delete
  4. Across the Universe is a great book! I loved the series!

    I also tagged you in the Book Combo Tag, and here's the details if you wanna read about it: http://morningsandepilogues.blogspot.hk/2015/08/book-combo-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'll read it soon enough :)

      Thanks so much!! :D I'll get to it when I can, I have a lot to catch up on from when I was gone!

      Delete
  5. Wow you found a huge selection of amazing books! I had no idea that in the UK you guys don't have a lot of used book stores, that is such a shame because you find the best books there and its a way to take a chance on a new author or series without investing a lot :) I've read The Martian which was super fabulous, I read the Witch & Wizard series with my 2 teens and we all loved it! The Iron King series is one of my favorites and I love anything written by Melissa Marr so of course I loved Wicked Lovely. As for Hush, Hush I read it years ago when it first came out and LOVED it, I didn't think it was anything like Twilight but that it was a pretty original concept (at least for me) The series as a whole did loose a little something along the way I felt but it was still really good! Hope your enjoying all your fabulous books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was so happy to have found them all! :D And I don''t live in the UK, I currently live in the Netherlands! ^-^ But yeah I love second hand book stores for that reason! Plus you can find books you've been hesitating to get, or that you've been looking for, for close to nothing!
      And wow you've read quite a bit of them! Glad to know they are all great! :D

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!