Saturday, August 22, 2015

TAGATHON #2 - Blogger Recognition Award!


TAGATHON!

#2 - Blogger Recognition Award!
Tagged by ErikaFiona, and Janna! - You three are amazing thanks so so much!!! <3 Make sure to check out their blogs and subscribe if you haven't yet! 


Rules
  1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. (see previous post, sorry :( )
  2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
  3. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. Attach the award to the post.
  4. (List who you’ve nominated in the post. 
  5. Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.)
  6. Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!

~My Blogging Story~
I don't actually have much of a story, to be honest... 
I've always loved reading! When I was little, I'd be told that I read too much, but that it would be good in the long run. I just shrugged it off and continued reading. 
One day, I was pretty bored, so I did something that was floating around in my head for a while - created a book blog! (It was either that or a booktube channel...) I'm not good at code or photoshop, so I stuck with a pre-made layout, made my cover photo with a friend (thanks!), and just started writing as if i always had! Initially, I just wanted it to be a sort of personal book log that others could see... Then I got my first comment, and I panicked for a while XD 
Now and then, I still change things around. Like now I'm changing the rating system, and adding pages, and changing minor things! 
Tada! Told you it wasn't much! XD 
But I must say that now blogging has become a fairly important part of me, as I love ranting/fangirling with people who just get it! Sharing opinions is always great too! I'm so glad to have some great blogger friends out there! 

~My Advice~
1. Read what you want, when you want, and have your own opinion. Saying you liked a book when you didn't just to fit popular opinion becomes obvious in your writing. Plus, it'll make you a happier and more comfortable blogger! Similarly, make a blog for yourself, first. It'll be the way you want it, rather than something generic :) Once its that way, include your audience in decision making, tags, etc! :D

2. Comment on blogs! People will notice you back :)

3. Don't stick to a schedule. I know everyone's always like 'schedule schedule schedule!' But if you are in school/uni/work, your whole life is already run by a schedule. Posting things when you want to, and on your own time will make your more relaxed, and you will enjoy blogging a lot more! 



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you started your blog! It's so much better to know that there are others in the world who feel the same way you do about books in the world :) Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks!!! C: Thanks very true, nice to discuss with people!

      And thanks again! :D

      Delete
  2. This was so nice to read and I just thought your advice was great! People need to remember to keep things genuine sometimes. Awesome story! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!