Friday, May 22, 2015

LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATION

So yesterday I'm just casually looking through my email when I receive one saying that I was nominated for the Liebster award! This 'award' is basically a new blogger recognition. I'm actually really surprised that someone noticed my blog so quickly!!! Many thanks to Nerdychampagne for nominating me!! You can find her blog here!

(ooh pretty banner!) 

Now! This is how this works

THE RULES:

  1.  Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
  2. Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
  3. Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
  4. Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
  5. Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.

Okey dokey guachamole lets get this going! (Wow did I really just write that? Oh well =p )

First, I'll answer the questions that were asked! 

1. If you were to give your life a soundtrack playlist, what three songs would be there? 
THIS IS SO HARD BECAUSE I LOVE MUSIC!!! Ok I'll try though. 
1. Good ol' Days, by the Script - this is because I've been feeling massive waves of nostalgia for the past few weeks for the craziest stuff. Okay so I don't go out partying like it describes in the song, but the chorus is perfect! 
2. Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae - I love this song, and I feel that it perfectly captures just taking things easy :) 
3. I Lived, by OneRepublic - This song is basically how I try to do things. Plus it was my graduation song. =p

2. In seven words, tell me how you felt about the last book you read. 
So the last book I read was The Shock of the Fall, you can scroll down to see my review :) 
1. eye-opening
2. Sad
3. Confused
4. Sorry
5. Lucky
6. Awed
7. Fascinated 

3. What is your favorite color and why?
This shade of purple is just magnificent. I've always loved purple, not too sure why, to be honest! I think its a really calming color, especially a shade like this. Its dreamy and imaginative and I like it :)

4. How often do you read books? 
When I can, meaning when I am not at Uni or doing homework or with my friends :) 

5. Coffee or Tea? 
UHHHHHHH I LOVE BOTH!!!! But more specifically for both, either Cappuccino or Frappe for coffee, and a caramel or fruity blend for tea *_*. But, for a more day-to-day basis I'd go with tea.

6. Which movie adaptation is your favorite? 
I'm guessing book-to-movie? Harry Potter was an absolutely fantastic adaptation! Coming second would be a tie between the Hunger Games and The Fault in our Stars! 

7. In five words, describe your home country. 
Ooh its like a double dare for me! Coolness! 
America
Monuments, Parks, Famous, Patriotic, Freedom 
France
Bread, Cheese, Countryside, Bonjour, Diverse 

8. What book made you a bookworm?
Becoming a bookworm really started when I was tiny - I've always loved books! But I guess you can say that when I was in middle school, one series really stood out and made me want to read all the time. That series is *drumroll please* ... Percy Jackson and the Olympians. About that, The Lightening Thief came out 10 years ago yesterday!!! Stay tuned for a review of the series! ;) 

9. Name a book that everyone hates, but you love so much. 
I just don't understand why Wings, by Aprilynne Pike, has so many negative reviews! I loved it! Such a cute story, with a good idea behind it! 

10. What is that one series that everyone loves but you absolutely hate?
Ok now this is probably very common, but I just can't STAND Twilight! I honestly tried liking it, I got through the first book-and-a-half before giving up. Its just annoying and whiny and overly stalkerish. Sorry Stephanie!!! 


Okay so thats it with the questions!! Now, the moment you've all been waiting for, here are the people I've nominated! Give a nice round of applause for....





Yay congrats! I stumbled upon most of these blogs, and thought they were great! Make sure to take a look! 

Now, here is my list of questions for you ten! :D 

1. What is your favorite book that has a blue spine? 
2. How do you react to people interrupting your reading time? 
3. Favorite bookish quote
4. Do you own any bookish items that is not a book, bookmark, e.reader, light, etc... (eg, poster, mug, book sculpture? Harry potter items, etc...) 
5. What is your favorite season and why? 
6. What is your opinion on readers (kindle, for example) ? 
7. One place and time you would love to be at right now. 
8. Go to your shelf, close your eyes, spin around, and pick a book at total random. What is it? What's your story about it? 
9. Pink or blue? 
10. Is the glass half empty or half full? 


HAVE FUN ANSWERING THEM!  :D 


Here's my answers. 
1. The Fault in our Stars, by John Green
2. Inwardly, I get annoyed, but then I just talk to the person normally =p
3. "All you need are books and tea!"
4. A bookish sticker on my laptop :) Plus a mug that says 'do not disturb, I'm in the book's world" 
5. Summer because its warm and there's vacation and you can travel! 
6. They're fine, especially for traveling and school purposes. 
7.A week or so before high school final exams, in our school's library, with my friends, discussing anything but school, taking massive selfies, and taking slow-mo hairflip videos. I've had a nostalgic afternoon okay? Either that or last summer, in San Gimignano, sitting on the well in the center of town, in the evening, eating raspberry ice cream. 
Time machine why you no exist????
8. *ish dizzy* The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan. Got this as a box set with the other first three Percy Jackson books, and its worn on the spine by many many reads. 
9. uuuhhhhh blue? 
10. FULL TO THE MAX! 


Let me now when you have answered the questions! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :D 








2 comments:

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!